The Filter Cafe



Yesterday was my first successful trip into a part of the city in which I was completely unfamiliar. It was a pretty good outing, (though fairly uneventful since the sole purpose of this excursion was to finish an article I was writing). Plus the weather was beautiful so that always makes things seem more joyous.

I spent the bulk of my time in the Filter Cafe - located in Wicker Park (which is on the West side and not far from here despite the fact that it still takes about 40 minutes to get there). Honestly the coffee was not very good. (This is the coffee snob in me coming out now. They didn't pull their espresso shot right so the whole thing was extremely bitter). But, the atmosphere alone made it worth while - lots of space and lots of retro furniture.  I also really appreciated the joke about high-fives on their sidewalk board. (It was the only thing I felt comfortable taking a photo of without feeling like a complete creeper. Oh, and FYI, I have no idea what a "slut monkey" is).

Will I return? eh, probably not. I have too many other coffee spots to check out before my time in Chicago runs out. Regardless, it still made for a happy outing.

Comments

  1. don't worry. i don't know if anyone knows what a slut monkey is. must be some kind of drink. :) hahaha love the post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment