Pick me ups

Mondays and Tuesday are my favorite days of the week. Does this seem odd? Well maybe. But there is a reason to this apparent madness.

I have a lot of down time - so much that time I feel like my brain is turning into mush and that I might just start talking to myself - or to MJ (the cat) - just for some human interaction, even if that person is.. er, me... or the cat. Dang. I am almost crazy. Anyway, this is why I really like being busy. I am in the church kitchen for a big portion of the day. It's great. I get lots of physical activity as I do insane things like making bread for 37 people instead being sensible and buying it at the store. (Sorry, it's from Sam's - ugh - so it has HFS in it. bah). But that's by choice and I enjoy being crazy.

Not only the baking/cooking challenge of the day, but I also have the most human interactions on these days - with the other staffers as well as the various groups that help me set up and clean up. Yea! This is the best part.

So this blog really has no theme. But tonight I was super tired from baking all that bread and was really ready to get off my feet as I headed out to my car. I was unlocking my door when I realized that some brilliant person ran into my taillight and succeeded to scrap about half of the body of my car. ugh! This is probably partly my fault for parking "too close" to the stop light. My guess is that this someone was impatient to turn right at the light and thought they could wedge their way over to the false lane. nope. They could not. I try not to be mad about these things because really there is no point. But still, things with my car always make me feel helpless since I know nothing about cars or their upkeep really. Needless to say, when something like this happens I get frustrated. I really shouldn't be complaining though. Last week we had a hail storm which killed a bunch of the Conservatory's windows as well as a ton of car windows on Congress. Thankfully, my car made it out alive, fine and ready to drive. Compared to that damaged, nothing really happened to my car.

Anyway, so I in a fairly grumpy/tired mood when I got home. But then! I found a note in the mail for me! (Along with a head scarf that my friend, Julie, was sorting out for me). Awesome. It was just the little pick-me-up I needed.



You know what else is a pick-me-up? This blog. I forgot how much I love rambling on about nothing. And better yet, trying to figure out how to take a picture of something everyday. So here you go the three people (Mom, Kare, and Laura) who read my blog. You are part of this pick-me-up too. Thanks. :-)

Comments

  1. woohoo, i got a blog shoutout! :) I love you banana!! :) I cannot wait to literally PICK YOU UP in a week!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. I totally read your blog too. I'm just not much of a commentor..commenter...I'm also not good at spelling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read it dear! This blog is totally a pick-me-up between all of the summer homework I am not doing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks y'all!:
    Laura, you get pun points for that for sure! :-) yay! Can't wait to see you!
    Drea- I cannot spell things either. ever. ugh.
    Nebraska! Thanks! I am glad this is a way for you to put off homework. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment