August in Hesston

Last Thursday, my friend Amy had me over to teach me a few things about photography and to let me use her awesome lens that, for now, continues to be far beyond my price range. 

sigh. 

Oh well. While the evening of photography adventures did not last very long (due to the misquotes and Jack, Lucy and crazy dog Arlo chasing sidewalk cat), it did give me a burst of creative energy. It also encouraged me that my photography skills will not always be in the rut they've been in for years now. 

I still have a lot to learn (and a lot of money to save), but for now it's been fun to play around with the possibilities of growth. 


I know this picture is way overexposed but this to me portrays how hot it gets here



(Note: I will write about Costa Rica sometime, I promise).

Comments