2016 hopes


New year. New things, right? Maybe. It can often just feel like more of the same.

Is it silly to make goals or have hopes or resolutions? Maybe. But I still think it's important. It's our annual reminder to ourselves that we can always try something new or been better versions of ourselves. After all, spring will come again and things will warm up and hope will swell up with lots of possibilities. We kind of get a taste of that in right now. I don't know about you, but I kind of like that reminder that comes on January 1st.

New Year's Eve is highly overrated. (It's awful. This year, Levent was sick. So I made him soup and then went home a little bit before 11pm. woo). But I like new years day. I like the beginning of the new year.

I am not the best at remembering my goals after I make them. However, they kind of on-going hopes. Maybe that will help.

As I think about 2016, here are some things I hope will happen.

1. My hip will get better and I can get back to my exercise routine. I long for that to happen

2. I will continue to remind myself to increase my daily intake of fruit and veggies.

3. As of today, I currently have 75 pins of my "to make" (aka "Eats and Treats") pinterest board. I would like to cut that down by 1/3 by the end of this year. That's only 25 recipes, roughly 2 a month. Why not? Let's try it.

4. I want to work harder at being a mentally healthier person. I am tired of letting my anxiety impact my relationship with my boyfriend for the negative. I don't want to self-destruct the best thing in my life. I want to work harder at not projecting my emotions on others but really trying to dive into discovering why I am so insecure. I don't want to say any more negative things about my body. This is going to be really hard. I am super aware that these things will probably always be with me. But I really need to get my s**t together. I need to start trying. I think I want to read some books that might help me with this.

5. I want to figure out how to get creative inspiration, whether that is with painting, photography or writing. Especially writing. I haven't even tried for so long. (This also includes figuring out my mountain art wall. More on that later (hopefully)).

That's pretty much it.

And really, it's been a good start to this new year already. After all, Levent and I kicked off this new year by going to the BEST KU game ever!! (Triple over time y'all. Finial score KU 109, Oklahoma 106.) It was insane. And one of the best dates we've ever gone on. It was amazing.

Happy New Year everyone! Let's go, 2016.

Comments