Yoder Family Christmas

My Mom texted me a photo of my Dad standing on their back deck in the 7 inches of snow that they got today. But when I was in North Carolina a little over a week ago for Christmas, it was perfectly mild. (Not as crazy as last year when we had the front door open Christmas morning, my dad wore shorts and my sister and I sat on the porch multiple times).

I actually prefer a mild, North Carolina Christmas (since a different previous year it did snow on Christmas Eve and it was magical but we were for sure snowed in for several days because Asheville has like 1 snow plow for the whole city).

It wasn't too hot and it wasn't too cold. It was just right.

As I said in my previous post, I had a really great time over my holiday break. So much so that I am still wishing it was still going on. (20 degree weather in Kansas has not been that great). I'll "get over" getting back into the routine of ordinary life again, but at least I have these photos to look fondly on.

Here are some highlights from my Yoder Family Christmas.

1. Levent and I traveled there together. (Last year, I was in North Carolina without him and the worst time getting to and from there. For real. My flight got cancelled and my Dad had to drive 3 hours to pick me up in Atlanta). This year, we rented a car and drove down from Columbus to Asheville together. While long road trips are never really my favorite, I don't seem to mind them when I am with Levent. We listed to a lot of This American Life podcasts, I drank lots of coffee and we stopped at McDonalds, (which is a place I secretly love but try to avoid).

2. Party potatoes! This is a potato dish my mom makes that is super unhealthy but oh, so delicious and is in my mom's recipe canon. I've been craving them for months and I finally got to sit at my parents' table and eat them. Yum.

3. Reading to Malakai and hearing all the funny things 4 year olds say. What a guy. He is growing up so fast.

4. Drinking lots of coffee with my sister.

5. Going to Early Girl Eatery for Brunch, which is one of my favorite places in Asheville

6. Going to Virtue, a cute boutique in downtown Asheville (and spending way too much money).

7. The morning hike at DuPont State Forest

8. Puzzling

9. The late night French Broad Chocolates run with Leah and Levent

10. Eating at 12 bones before leaving town.

Okay yeah, most of these things are about eating. I don't even care. That's one of my favorite things to do in this little city I love so much. And like usual, my time there went by too quickly.

When can I go back?
My parents are taking a selfie :-) 

Comments