Winter travels

Believe it or not, I actually travel a whole lot less for my current job than my previous job. It might not seem that way because I just got back from another work trip. Upon returning, I realized that I shouldn't have another work trip until the fall. It feels like a miracle.

But let's get back to this recent trip. The nice thing about having to go to Akron, PA is that I can usually figure out a way to sneak in a trip to Harrisonburg, VA to see my sister and her family. (It's only like 3 and half hours away).

This time, I headed to Virginia first. I arrived on Thursday and spent the long weekend (well minus working on Friday) drinking coffee with my sister, playing logos with my nephew, eating terribly delicious food and generally relaxing. (We also watched the Superbowl of course).
Leah picked me up in Charlottesville. Before heading to her house, we had supper at Burger Bach
Duck donuts
This masterpiece took us about 2 hours to build. It's a tree house/fort/zoo complete with a harbor, tourists, treasure, a secret room and a portal to another dimension 
On Monday, I traveled up to Akron for a week full of meetings. The group thing about these meetings is that it means I get to see my friends who live in the area. This time I was able to hang out with Diana and meet up with my friend Connie. Even more delicious food was eaten.
Supper at Luca

Wintery mix. Classic meetings in PA in Feb weather
Cheese plate at Pour

Fries at the Pressroom. See, I told you I ate terribly this trip. This is me breaking my "one french fry meal/trip"
I headed home on Thursday, which just so happened to be the day of the Philly Superbowl parade celebration. Essentially this meant that no one was willing to volunteer to take me to the airport. So I can to catch a ride that was hours (and I mean HOURS) from when my flight was. I was so early, I wasn't even allowed to check my bag and had to wait at the ticketing counter for over an hour. 

It was actually kind of fun to spend time in the Philly airport so close to the Eagles Superbowl win. Everyone was decked out in all their Eagles gear. I mostly love organized sports for the community aspect of it. So I was totally into it.

It was a really delicious trip (so now it's back to spinach). But now I am home and happy to be so. Plus, the next upcoming travels I have will all be personal. That is an amazing relief. You don't even know.

cheers.

Comments