My current roommates

This week, south central Kansas was transported to the Pacific Northwest, though I never managed to make it to the beach.

Actually, it was just acting like spring all week. For the past few days, it's been raining, or grey and "maid-of-the-misting" (as my roommate in college would say). I keep trying to tell myself, "what is good for my peas is good for me." (Well, I really miss the sun). But Longfellow once said "the best thing one to do when it's raining is to let it rain." So I silenced my complaining bones.

Since it is cold and raining, with evening lows too dangerous for my Early Girls, I had to bring them inside.

I sleep in what is called "the yellow room" - named because of the wall colors but also the fact that my room gets the most sunshine.

Even though there was no sun this week, these ladies chilled on my room hoping to catch a few rays through the grey sky.


Comments