A weekend in photos

I think I might be getting some type of carpal tunnel syndrome. That or I am just 90 years old and am getting gout or arthritis. Whatever it is. I cannot spend very much time on the mac without it acting up. So, instead of rambling on for awhile, I decided to document my day via photos.

Wichita Farmer's Market in the morning



Leah and Kassidy are so excited about their cinnamon roll 

Our loot for the week 


I really want to love broccoli. I recently learned that peas and corn are not actually vegetables. (more on that later). Since this revelation, I have come to terms with the fact that I don't eat very many vegetables. Hence the desire to try and learn to love broccoli. (Plus, it's so good for you. I recently learned more about it via Deb's blog).

Browsing at Watermark Books and Cafe. I wanted to buy all these recipe books. 
Lunch at Tanya's Soup Kitchen. And it was Vegan!! Curried chickpea soup with the "Lulu" sandwich (Hummus, avo, edamame, spinach and roasted pepper)   
Garden time!

My Earl Girls! 
One day, these babies will be purplish

Green beans are coming! 

Zucchini bloom! 

This random sunflower decided to come up in our front bed

Most of the pea crop. It might be enough to feed the three of us
I bought a used, but stellar bike! Today, I took it to someone in town to fix it up a little bit. I will shoot it more when I get it back. 
I ordered something off Etsy

It's a vintage camera bag!

So awesome!

Reading one of my new favorites on the porch

These are Leah's earrings that I bought her from Jericho. One of the many perks of living here is borrowing things from my sister! 

Supper on the deck!

Our daily bread.. and jam.. and butter...

Leah's Summery Berry Lemonade
--

Leah's Summer Berry Lemonade

1 1/2 c berries, washed and hulled
1 c fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
3/4 c sugar
4 cups cold water

Combine berries, lemon juice and sugar in blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a large pitcher and add cold water. Squeeze half a lime over the top and garnish with the rest. Stir well and add ice.









Comments