Saturday Snapshots

This is what I did on Saturday

Breakfast at The Mustard Seed in Bulher with my best friend/sister. Their veggie breakfast sandwich is worth driving all the way to Bulher. 


What's summer without Lemonade? I made this awesome cherry rosemary version*. Sure. It sounds weird. I promise you it is not. 

work time 


Little rosa bianca eggplant, I cannot wait to make eggplant parmesan out of you!
I finally got my bike back from the shop, complete with a new basket. I love everything that it is. 


*Cherry Rosemary Lemonade

1/2 c sugar
1/2 c honey
2 c water
about 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted and cut in half.

Combine above ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir to make sure sugar is dissolved. Add:

3 sprigs of rosemary

Let steep for about 20 minutes. Remove rosemary.

Add to sweet concentrate:
about 1 1/2 c fresh lemon juice
About 5 cups cold water (or more if your batch is too tart)

Stir until well combined and garnish with pitted, fresh cherries.

*Adapted from Not without Salt 


Comments