soda time

As a rule, I try and stay away from soda, pop, or whatever you want to call it. (Although the occasional root beer gets me, or a vanilla coke from Old Mill Tasty Shop in Wichita). However, since I had a combination of free grapefruit and too much time spent down the pinterest rabbit hole, I decided that I was going to make my own.

As a(nother) rule, I try and stay away from making this blog into a food blog, since I feel like that puts too much pressure on myself (also typing out recipes is no fun). But I felt like I needed to bring this soda recipe to the readers out there.

I actually didn't like it the first time I tried it. But after concentrating the recipe, I finally landed on something super tasty. It went very nicely last night with my Mexican rice bowl.

Juice of 1 grapefruit
juice of 1/2 a lemon
4 T simple syrup*
pinch of salt
ice
club soda

Combine juices, syrup and salt. Strain out any seeds. Fill up with ice and juice and add club soda. Stir and enjoy.

Serves 1.

*To make simple syrup: Combine 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in saucepan. Heat until sugar is dissolved. Do not boil. Let cool and store in fridge until ready to use.

Cheers

Comments