3 years


Before there was tragedy in my hometown this week, there was celebration. While it's hard to really think about anything else besides the Excel shootings, I don't want to miss mentioning this milestone on my blog. After all, on Wednesday, Levent and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary.

 Since I had board meetings all weekend, we went out to celebrate to Public at the Brickyard in Wichita on a "school night." Even though it was loud and we were both exhausted (since we are introverts who do not usually go out on the town in the middle of the week), it was super delicious and a great way to celebrate. I especially appreciate that I am dating a man who shows no hesitation about ordering "apps and 'serts" at a restaurant. (That's appetizers and desserts for those of you who, oddly enough, have never watched Parks and Rec).  
These past 3 years have been some of the best years of my life. I am so lucky I get to be with someone who cares about me and makes me laugh. He has brought so much joy to my life and our relationship has taught me a lot about myself. I love that I get to spend my life with him by my side.


Comments