Hello there, November


 Well hello there, November.

Since I never seem to have creative energy, I just need to force it. This afternoon we had a few hours of sunshine and I took advantage of it to go and look at some of the fall colors. I love every tree that is red. Then I see an orange tree and then declare that one is my favorite. 
 Speaking of forcing creativity. that's what I am doing now. Writing for the sake of writing. I realize this does not bring about very interesting blog posts. But what can you do.

Here are some brief general updates from 209 E Knott Street.

1. Someone drew this cat on the sidewalk near the library. I love finding random sidewalk doodles when I am not expecting too. I also love living so close to the library.

2. One of my favorite things to do when traveling for work is to download movies to watch on planes. Recently, on one of these trips, I watched Anna Karenina and was completely fascinated by it. Now I am reading the book, which might take me the rest of the year. But I feel like a warrior reader because of taking this on and not hating it. 

3. This weekend I made scones from the Smitten Kitchen's new cookbook. They are filled with fig butter I got from Trader Joe's awhile ago. I love being able to use up random ingredients in my kitchen. (Also the scones are pretty tasty).

4. Last weekend, Levent's BFF Jason and his wife came to Kansas! It was really fun to see them and to have a completely different weekend than usual. Levent and I went to a game night even, which we haven't done since we were forcing ourselves to meet new friends. (Fun fact, we met at a game night. Then 2 years later we actually became friends. :-) The highlight for me was going out to eat with them on Sunday. I was even brave enough to wear a hat.
 5. I am breaking up with the chiropractor again. For once though it's not because my chiropractor is a total creep. (He's really healthful and not a creep). It's just taking too much of my time and money without lasting results. I am definitely not better. My muscles won't stop being tight. But even if I finally manage to get them nicely stretched out one day, I go to bed and then the next day I have to start all over again. I am sure I will go back eventually. I just maybe need to survive the holiday season without going every 2 weeks. I also chipped an old filling in one of my teeth. So I have other medical things I should be spending my money on. Dang. Being an adult is everything.

Well, that's it for now. Time to go make some pizza.



Comments