Yep. More of the good stuff.

 
Guess what I had for lunch today? Yep. More falafel. I am pretty sure that I have been out to eat a total of 5 times since being here and 3 of those 5 were falafel. Not too bad. (Seriously, this is the dream- weekly doses of this deliciousness. Falafel in pita is in my top five favorite foods. Yeah, okay, it's not the healthiest thing ever, but I seriously could careless right now. Summer will not last forever so it's fine).

Today, after making too many pancakes again for breakfast (dang, I cannot get the balance right for the number of people I feed every week - I think this morning I made 130), I headed off to the Ukrainian Village to met a friend (Heather Feather!) at a place called Chickpea. Obviously, I was pretty excited for several things 1). going to a neighborhood that I had never been before 2). I took my car which means it only took me 8 minutes to get there instead of a half hour. 3) Chickpea is a Palestinian restaurant - so I immediately loved it. 4). I got to chill with a very cool individual (hooray for human interaction!). Needless to say, I came back from this outing feeling a whole lot better about life then I did yesterday when I was stuck in the depression tank.

It's wonderful what conversation over stuff pita pockets can do for my well-being.Yes, that's the good stuff.

Comments