daily bread

This is why I don't blog when I am not doing service-type things. Life seems really average.

I know that the whole point of me trying to continue to blog during "normal" life is so I keep writing and keep seeking out the interesting that can be found in even a pretty mediocre day. (dramatic sigh). I am afraid I am going to stop blogging altogether. I am hoping though that my camera will keep me motivated to find things to blog about...

Tonight's issue: bread.

This is not an issue - although I guess on some level it could be seen as such. For the longest time I have been wanting to make bread that is thin enough (aka not as dense as a brick) and light enough to use for every day type of use- in other words, sandwich bread. and guess what, people?

I FINALLY DID IT!

yes. this is an all caps moment. Because if I was talking to you in real life right now I would be shouting.

I made it yesterday evening with the "help" of Titus and Mikaela (which, did not take me very long at all - or so it seemed, maybe that's because I don't have a ton of things going on anymore... aka I am not cooking for the masses). We tried it last night, of course. After all, not eating bread when the fresh baked smell of it is still lingering in the house is probably a sin. And it was tasty. But the real test came today at the noon hour.

lunchtime.

Okay, I love lunch. It is my favorite meal of the day (well besides second breakfast). This is mostly due to the fact that I really enjoy sandwiches. Okay - really I love them. I don't know why. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that in PMB lunch time felt like heaven and our South African sandwiches tasted so dang good (even though I have no idea why). (I recently hung out with Connie and we spent maybe 5 minutes talking about how good our lunchtime sandwiches were. seriously. I would go back to PMB just to make a sandwich).

The time had come to test the bread against the sandwich standard. With the help of some mayo mustard, havarti cheese, spinach, and a few homegrown tomato slices, I made my sandwich. I bit into this delicious creation.

It was perfect.

I finally did it. I am so proud of myself.

Comments

  1. Laura says:
    I am so proud of you! Yay! :) Come bake bread for me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment