pumpkin progress

Well, I used up all of my pureed pumpkin so this afternoon I roasted my second pumpkin. It was bigger so obviously it yielded more. I cannot believe I was intimidated by this before.

This particular pumpkin was picked out by Mikaela and myself at Ackerman Farms. I wish I had pictures but it was so cold and rainy that I didn't even try. Despite the weather, we still had a good time looking at all the animals, counting the cats, and finding a pumpkin that MJ liked. We came home with two. Mikaela painted her pumpkin. It is still sitting on the table. She likes to point it out to everyone who comes here.


And the other? Well, it went out on the stoop until this afternoon.

What are my plans for it? Well, I am not sure yet. But I did want to tell you about this delicious curried pumpkin soup I made with the first batch.



Curried pumpkin soup

1 onion, diced,
olive oil
2 cups chicken or veggie broth
1 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
1 T lemon juice
1 t curry powder
1 t sugar
1/2 t salt
dash of pepper
1/2 cup half and half

Saute onion in oil. Add everything else except half and half. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add half and half and heat through.

Oh pumpkins. you are great.

Comments