Cheese-its


I believe in the beauty of homemade. However, for some reason there are a few things out there that I have convinced myself are impossible to make at home - or extremely challenging, etc. Bread used to be on that list, though that is changing. Crackers were another.

I don't know why I lead myself to believe that crackers are this mysterious item that no one should ever make at home - probably because it is so intense that no one ever bothers to make them. right? 

A few weeks ago, a friend posted a link on my wall about making homemade cheese-its. This was our favorite snack to share together at work (though we called them "cheese snacks"). I looked at the recipe and after realizing how simple it really was, I decided to go for it....a few weeks later. (ha). 

Today, I finally got up the courage and made them. And yes, they were simple and actually tasted exactly like cheese-its. Awesome. The only thing I did was wrong was that I did not roll it out thin enough. Nevertheless, they were still delicious. 

I currently don't have a food processor. (I had to borrow one to make these). So I don't really anticipate making these on a regular basis. But it is nice to know that I can. 

Here is the link to the recipe

*I did a few things differently. I only used two types of cheese: parmesan and white cheddar cheese (which was local and fairly sharp). I didn't have half and half so I just used milk. Even though this recipe makes it out to sound rather expensive to make, it really isn't.

Be brave, friends, and try it. 

Comments