Making zucchini pancakes, pretend like it's the weekend...

I am not a big pancake person. They are way too sweet for me in the mornings. I, also, really dislike eating breakfast for dinner. So as far as pancakes go, I am probably in the minority. This is particularly true because I like savory pancakes way better than your typical sweet pancake standard. Johnny Cakes are my favorite. But this blog is about a different type of pancake altogether: Zucchini Pancakes.

I found this recipe during the summer when my parent's garden got hit the hardest by squash. We always had it, but for some reason that summer made an impression on me. We had gigantic zucchini, but it was also the time when I found some of my weirdest, zucchini based recipes. Zucchini pancakes was one such recipe.

Now, I only make this recipe about once a year. So, it still needs a little bit of work. (But since I make in on an annual basis, I never remember). However, cover anything in salsa, sour cream, and avo and I will love it. Besides, since I am desperate for zucchini recipes right now, I thought I would share the few that I have as well and hopefully my zucchini recipe karma will pay me back to the fullest.



Zucchini Pancakes

1 cup flour
1 t salt
1 t baking powder
1/2 t pepper
dash of chili powder
2 eggs
1/2 c milk
2 cups zucchini, grated
1 cup carrot, grated

Mix together dry ingredients and set aside. In separate bowl, whisk the eggs and milk and then stir in veggies. Add to dry ingredients.

On a pancake griddle set on medium heat, add 1/3 c of batter. Cook until golden brown on each side. Serve with sour cream, salsa, and avocado.

*I am notorious for undercooking these so make sure they are really golden brown.


Comments