Green Bean Fingers

My garden did not yield enough green beans to can. (This apparently was the theme this year of my garden). So, my sister and I decided to buy some from the farmer's market. Thankfully, we became "best friends" with a couple at the Moundridge's market who gave us a really great deal. Is it enough to get us "through the winter?"

Sigh.

No. Of course not. But it's better than nothing.










Canning green beans

Wash and stem beans. Pack into jars. For quarts: add 1 t vinegar and 1 t salt. For pints: add 1/2 t vinegar and 1/2 t salt. Fill packed jars with boiling water leaving 1/2 inch head space. Seal with sterile lids. Place in pressure cooker and fill cooker with water up to almost the tops of the jars. (When I do both both quart and pint jars, I usually just fill it up to almost the tops of the pints). Set the pressure weight to 10. Turn on stove and wait until the cooker starts "spitting." Once it has become to "spit and/or hiss," cook for 25 minutes. After this duration, turn off heat and wait until cooker is completely cool, (which is usually the next day).

Comments