Sundays: Stuff that happens feat. granola bars

All I want to do is lie on the couch and watch Harry Potter movies. Seriously. And I am supposed to be 25 years old right now.

What is it about Sundays that make me want to be the laziest bum that ever existed? All I do the entire afternoon is fight the urge to take a nap. (I can't give in because I often have trouble falling sleep on Sunday evenings). Instead, stuff like this happens.

Taking pictures of nothing.


Taking pictures of coffee. (I once saw via Twitter, I think, that white people love taking pictures of their coffee. I definitely fulfill that stereotype).


Taking pictures of my outfit because I just celebrated my new job by buying the shallow fashion magazine that I love, which causes me to paint my nails and try to make my wardrobe more interesting.

blueberry day


Eating granola bars because they are sitting on the table.


Stuff that doesn't happen:

Catching up with emails, which are generally more "business" related than personal. I hate it. So I put it off.

Refinishing my new, old dresser. (Also, I have no idea what I am doing and definitely need to buy some better tools).


Ignoring the granola bars on the table even though I read an article via Runner's World this week about how shedding a few pounds will help with your 5k time. Dang it.

Seriously though, it's okay. Whenever my weekends are cut short by work, I try and cram so much stuff into a small period of time. It is exhausting. Even though I have lots of things I want to do in October (like move again), it's okay to use Sunday for rest.

After all, I will eventually get around to those emails and tomorrow I will eat a ton of spinach.

...But about those granola bars...

I've mentioned these bars before in my blog because they remind me of my Radical Journey team (although I got the recipe from someone from Asheville Mennonite church). Typically, I try to avoid all forms of corn syrup. (It's the devil). However, I cannot get enough of these granola bars. Oh man. Try them.

--

Bonnie Troyer's Granola Bars

Heat in a sauce pan until dissolved:
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup peanut butter*

Mix with
2 cups oatmeal
2 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
sunflower seeds, if desired

Stir well and press into a greased 9x13 pan. Top with chocolate chunks and let cool.

*If using natural peanut butter (no sugar added) add:
1/2 t salt
1/2 t vanilla
3 T oil

Comments