Abuelos

Remember when I used to blog about cool places I ate?

That was back when I lived in Chicago during the summer of 2011 when every place seemed magical and delicious and new. You couldn't stop me from taking my camera to restaurants and taking pictures of food.

Click. Click. Chomp.

There is definitely something way less magical about rural Kansas life. But every once in awhile, I will find the motivation to get my camera back out.

Such was the case last weekend. It was my friend Janell's birthday and so to celebrate we went to Abuelo's in Wichita. I was a little skeptical at first. This was basically due to the fact that we are surrounded by Mexican restaurants in our every day life. Don't get me wrong, I do like Mexican food. But if you are going out to eat around here, there is a good chance you're going to go to a Mexican place. I love cheese sauce, but let's get real, sometimes you need a change of pace.






Despite my hesitancy, Abuelo's proved to be worth the drive. Besides the company, the best part was the salsas at the beginning of the meal. We were given a traditional salsa, a spicy salsa, and a salsa made out of tomatillos and pineapple. (Oh my word. That green stuff was amazing).



Abuelo's, consider yourself recommended.




Comments