High-five bagel time


I finally did it! I successfully made bagels (well, with only one slight hiccup… I didn't grease the pans enough so the bagels left behind a significant imprint when I ripped them off the baking sheets). Oh well. That doesn't get me down. It's taken me months to be able to get to this point. And now my breakfasts will delicious once again.

For those of you who are interested in making them yourself, I say to you, "good luck!" It's a pretty involved process. The trick for me was to go slowly and use bread flour. But Annie's Eats knows how to get it done. But once you get the hang of it, you'll swear off store-bought bagels for the rest of eternity.

High-five bagel time!

Speaking of awesome food, this past week was full of great food moments. So good, in fact, that I feel the need to shout their praises right now.

For work, my supervisor and I met someone for lunch in Wichita at the Old Mill Tasty Shop. It's an old sandwich shop that has been around forever (and it is in the cool part of Wichita). The food is tasty and the old school fountain drinks are worth it. I am not always a big soda person but if you go there you must get something. I had a vanilla coke and wanted to smile the whole time I drank it.

This past Friday, Levent and I once again made the trek to Wichita to eat at our favorite restaurant, Zaytun to celebrate Valentinarsary (Valentine's day and our 1 year anniversary, which both take place this month). The hummus and the Alexander Donar Kabab (a Turkish dish) are so good, you'll never want to stop eating it. I think I've blogged about this place every time I've been there, but I don't care. I will continue to talk about it until you go there.
best.
Yep, High-five food. Way to be awesome.

Comments