Christmas 2015

So my Christmas traveling did not go as well as expected. (It was pretty terrible and translated into me feeling sheer panic at not 1 but 2 different airports). I managed and thanks to my father (who drove down to Atlanta to pick me up), I made it home to Asheville. It was really nice being home, doing all the Christmasy things we Yoders do and enjoying the Asheville area (and 70+ degree weather - seriously I didn't wear shoes outside on multiple occasions).

Part 1: Asheville
My sister and I spent a lot of time on the porch. It was lovely
Some time in Black Mountain...
Hanging out in Downtown Asheville (my favorite place). We found a great new coffee shop called High Five Coffee. Great name too. 
Ice cream at the French Broad Chocolate Lounge
Of course I have to take too many pictures of this little bear

Part 2: Columbus
After Asheville, I headed up to Columbus for a mere 24 hours with the Millers. Even though it was really short and a little nuts (travel wise), I am really glad I went. It was so good to see Levent's parents and see for myself how their recovery is going. (The last time I saw them Wilbur was still in a coma and Shirley could not talk let alone get out of bed). They saved their annual Christmas ice skating outing until I got there, visited a local coffee shop and ate a lot of good food in a short period of time. 
Anxiety-wise, it was a pretty horrible holiday, which is why I am glad I keep this blog and why I take pictures. It helps me remember the good stuff.

Merry Christmas, y'all!

Comments