Happy Valentine's Day!


I am sorry to all my single lady friends out there, because, really, Valentine's Day is really the worst. Let's not pretend anything differently.

However, I am unapologetic that I now love Valentine's Day. I know. I know. I'm the worst. My boyfriend even thinks I'm the worst for that one. But I do, mainly because I have him, but also because my Mojo's days taught me that I love making red and pink Valentine treats. Let it rain red sprinkles!  I don't even care.

Now that my bitter, single self no long exists, I have found that there is value in this fake holiday. Being intentional to our loved ones is always a great thing. And if there is one day a year that we celebrate that, hey, I'm for it.

Since Valentine's Day is on a Sunday (today), Levent took me out to a Moroccan restaurant last night (Marrakech Cafe), which was pretty tasty. (And fun to try someplace new).  I also made us some Valentine cupcakes (which were a little average, but that not stop me from having one with my afternoon coffee just now). And tonight, I hope to shape our traditional Sunday night pizza into a heart. (We'll see how that goes).

But all the silliness aside, I am forever grateful that I have Levent Miller in my life. He makes me whole world a better place to be, even when we are just sitting on the couch streaming Netflix until our eyes fall out. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Happy Valentine's Day y'all!

Comments