Summer bucket list 2016

Is Memorial weekend the "official" start of summer? Or is it summer solstice? Regardless, it was 80+ degrees this week so ready or not, we're here people. Summer time.

This Memorial Day weekend has not been awesome. I am grateful for a day off, but even these zero-hype holidays make me really miss my family and really wish I was grilling something for supper. But nope, just hanging out with my cat and making oven fries. Levent went to Columbus to surprise his parents over his birthday weekend and I am kind of bummed that I didn't go with him. I've also been in a lot of sciatica/arthritis pain this weekend too. Ugh.
Oh well.

Because I knew there was a good chance I would not talk to humans this weekend, I made an intentional effort to be around people at least 1 time/day this weekend. On Saturday, I had breakfast with Amy and then hung out with Denise and took pictures of her kids. On Sunday, I went to church. (I didn't really talk to anyone there but it still counts). Today, I had breakfast with Jill and then zipped to Wichita just so I was not in my house all. day. long.
Looking back, it was a good weekend, but I think my leg pain morphs my view of my time.

But since summer is here to stay (and so, it seems, is my pain), I thought it would be a good time to focus on my annual "summer bucket list." This infamous list is something I do every year. It always involves food, mostly popsicles, and very little else. Still, it's fun for me to make lists and popsicles are delicious so I don't see a problem here.

Here we go:

1. Have a culinary adventure once a month. This could mean a variety of things, either going to a new restaurant I've been wanting to try, going to a food truck rally and/or making something at home, like ricotta cheese.

2. Go on a picnic

3. Be near water. Whether it's going to the sprinkle park with my friend and her kids (which we kind of already done. Yes!), or go lap swimming during my lunch break, I just want to be near water a lot this summer. It's too hot here otherwise.

4. Go on a motorcycle ride with my boyfriend.  And hopefully it will involved ice cream.

5. Find a chiropractor I like. (Oh the things I do to try and find how to manage my pain).

6. Grow healthy tomatoes. I have never accomplished this. Could this be the year?

6. and popsicles, obviously.

Here's to you summer 2016!

Comments