Here, there and everywhere

Well, I thought this new job would mean less fall traveling. False. Since I don't have to meet with donors, it's not actually that bad. (It's just meetings after all. That doesn't fill in me irrational fear). However, I had two things back to back. Why?!
Scout wasn't trilled about me being gone either
Oh well. I survived just fine. Here are some highlights (besides the giant stuffed polar bear that is there to greet people after going through customs in Winnipeg).

1. Two weeks ago, I headed back up to Winnipeg.The main highlight was seeing Tim and Kyle, two of my teammates from Radical Journey. I hadn't seen them since we got back from South Africa in 2010. It was so fun to reconnect (and to meet Tim's wife and baby and Kyle's girlfriend).
During our time in South Africa, we took HORRIBLE photos together. So glad to see that we still have that skill after 7 years. 
2. Did you know that the Denver airport has therapy animals that are there for the general public? Well they do and I met the one and only therapy cat they have "on staff." It was awesome.
3. I came back from Winnipeg late on a Friday night and was home for one whole day on Saturday. To my surprise, my cousin Betha was in town and it worked out for us to have a quick afternoon coffee. 
4. Next up was a couple days in Akron, PA. The good thing about that is that I got to have dinner with my friend, Diana. with the best cocktails at The Press Room.
5. And now finally, I am back home. I am not loving Kansas a lot right now but I was really glad to be home, back with Levent and my cat.
And it is finally starting to be fall here. Another good thing.
The best news really is that I am done traveling for work for the year. Hooray!

Comments