Thanksgiving weekend

Thanksgiving weekend came and went so quickly. That's the way it usually goes I think. All the food prep for days and days and then bam! We're on to the leftover stage already. (Levent and I are actually still working on leftovers because we had 2 Thanksgivings, on together on Thursday and one with his family on Sunday but also because I was sick on Monday. So our leftover enjoyment was semi-delayed).

Overall, it was a nice holiday. Levent's parents and brother came out. They stopped in Thursday night for some slab pie and then his mom made us a Thanksgiving meal on Sunday. Usually on holidays like these I feel kind of sad. I am happy to send time with Levent, don't get me wrong, but not being with any family always makes the day feel pretty empty. Thankfully, that was not the case this year. 
I made a chocolate pecan slab pie from the Smitten Kitchen's new cookbook. It was good and so rich! I was glad to have lots of help eating it. 
This year has been pretty mild, which pre-Kansas Anna would've loved. But since it never seems to freeze hard enough to kill off pollen (or rain to settle dust), I long for cold, snowy days. However, my house isn't very big, so when people are here visiting, it's nice when the weather is great. We enjoy a Sunday afternoon stroll to the arb. 
Next stop, Christmas madness.

Comments