spring break! (Sister-City: Sarasota 2019)

One of the worst things about not being connected to a school schedule is not having an official spring break. I mean sure, one can take time off whenever, but there is something beautiful about having space officially carved out for a collective break. 

A couple of weeks my sister and I decided to be completely spontaneous, which, after convincing myself that being spontaneous and reckless where not one of the same thing, meant we bought tickets to go to Sarasota, Florida for part of Leah's spring break. Oh, did I mention that we bought our tickets a week before our trip? Yeah, that's probably the most spontaneous I've ever been. 

Anyway, for a few days at the end of March, Leah and I met up in Sarasota at our friend Nelda's house. It was an amazing few days full of sunshine, the ocean, yummy food downtown and on the lanai, seeing Nelda again after 5 years, reading by the pool, petting Jackie the dog and being near my sister. 

Visit to the Ringling Family Estate 
 Lunch with Nelda by the marina
 Fresh berries! Excuse me while I cry tears of joy.
Evening walk at Celery Fields
Palm Sunday at Turtle Beach
"Blue" was constantly watching the fishermen 
Hanging out on the Lanai 
Brunch with Leah! 
Beach day at Siesta Key
Happy hour at Boca
Sunset at Lido Key
The Bay Perserve
Sunset picnic at Casey key
Take me back please. 
 

Comments