Happy, happy Christmas

Another holiday is in the books.

This year, like last year, Levent and I headed to Columbus first to celebrate with the Millers. Highlights included lots of yummy Turkish food, a visit to the Columbus commons (to see the Christmas lights, freeze and get hot chocolate), seeing my BFFFF Jille, Lucas and their baby Leo, eating breakfast with my Aunt, Uncle and Cousin, puzzling, reading and finally a visit to the North Market.


After 5 full days in Ohio, we headed down to North Carolina to spend some time with my parents and my sister's family. Highlights included playing a few family-forced-fun games (actually, I didn't mind playing. It was fun play with Malakai and for my family to get to see the humorous side of Levent), going out for a few meals (which is my favorite thing to do in Asheville),  a "double date" evening with the Bakers, walking around downtown, visiting possible wedding venues and shopping with my mom and sister. Oh and of course, meeting my sister's dog, Rocky.

Breakfast at Abeja's 
Charcuterie at The Waterbird
The mocha stout cake at French Broad Chocolate Lounge. AMAZING. 
Another visit to Vortex
This is what Malakai did right after I declared "Too much Christmas" during our lunch at Strada 
Too much Christmas is probably a good summary of how I feel in this moment. (I also got a really bad cold that I am still trying to shake). Nevertheless, I love our Christmas travels and being able to be in both States over the holidays. Happy Christmas!

Comments