Annual eastern trek


There is nothing better than heading out to the east coast in the dead of winter.

I am obviously kidding. February is not the best time to be in Virginia or Pennsylvania, but what can you do. I actually got really lucky and totally avoided the polar vortex; so no complaints here. Plus, I got to add a visit to see my sister before a work trip.

I started my annual eastern trek out by heading to Virginia first. I went out on a Wednesday, worked from my sister's house on Thursday and Friday and then got to spend the entire weekend with the Bakers. It was so nice to be there for a good chunk of time. I spent the time eating yummy foods, drinking all the coffee, drawing with my nephew, bumming around with my sister and "watching" the superbowl with the whole crew.
Post-airport pick up dinner at Burger Bach in Charlottesville
Malakai drew Abraham Lincoln as a jelly fish

Rocky and I have the same hair
Malakai's basketball clinic
Tacos at Magnolia's Taco and Tequila Bar
The following Monday, I headed up to PA with a colleague. I really shouldn't complain about these meetings. They were fine. The weather was also nice (which is alarming because of global warming), and there was an ice storm back home. So way to go, PA. While I do find these meeting tedious, being in Lancaster means I get to see my friends, Diana and Connie. Despite how tired I am at the end of these days, seeing them is always worth it. (Plus, we get to eat at interesting/delicious places). Totally worth it.

Dinner at Callaloo Trinidadian Kitchen
Ramen at Issei Noodle
dessert from Barberet

It was a great trip. But, as always, I am happy to be home.

Comments