Anniversary things

Despite the fact that we are way into March now, I feel as if I should not my 6th year anniversary with Levent go unmentioned. After all, February 24th marked the last time we would be celebrating our anniversary in the dead of winter. (And so close to Valentine's day too, which is hilarious thinking about. Valentine's day 2013 we kind of avoided one another since we both knew we like each other but hadn't done anything about it yet).

This year, we celebrated our anniversary by going to the Passage to India, which is where we had our first date.
 Afterwards, we went out for drinks at my new favorite Wichita gem, Cana. (Levent admitted that Cana was not really his kind of place, which I totally knew, but he went anyway).
That weekend, I also made a lemon cake, complete with lemon curd and a poppyseed lemon buttercream frosting.

This past weekend  we went to our annual KU game, which is semi-unrelated to anniversary things but I usually count it. We usually opt to go to a game instead of getting each other Christmas gifts. This year, we opted to do this instead of getting each other anniversary gifts. Really, our KU dates are better than any present.
I didn't feel the best yesterday; so we opted to go home instead of going out to eat afterwards. Boo. But oh well, trips to Allen Fieldhouse are always fun, no matter what.

Happy Anniversary to us!

Comments