32: dreams come true


Okay well I don't know about that, but on June 14th, I definitely had a very dreamy birthday. (And 32, dreams come true rhymes, so I am sticking with it).

I love my birthday. Maybe a little bit less then I used to since getting older does kind of bum me out, but still, I love any reason to bust out of the mundane and celebrate. This year, my birthday fell on a Friday, which is really the best day of the week to have a birthday. I also decided to take that Friday off of work (to which Levent responded, "what? are you 12?" ha). But no regrets. My day off work was my gift to myself and it was the best choice.

The day started off way earlier than I thought it was. I woke up at my normal week day time and just decided to get up and go for a walk. The day started off chilly, if you can believe it. Plus, I saw a woodpecker, two cranes swooping around the creek and one sneaky fox who bolted out across the road in front of me. Enjoying the cool weather, I got a coffee and drank it on my front porch. (It was so chilly that I had to go and get a blanket in order to stay outside. What?)
Later that morning, Julie, Amy and I headed out to Elderslie Farm to check out their Bramble Cafe. The weather was still pretty mild, which was perfect for sitting outside and enjoying breakfast treats. I don't get to hang out with Julie and Amy together very often. So the whole morning was a treat. (Also Elderslie Farm is such a gem. I can't wait to go back).
Up next was a massage followed by just chilling at home. After the work day ended, Heidi, Kate and Jill came over for happy hour on my porch.
I scored this awesome patio set during Hesston's annual garage sale day. 
After happy hour, Levent came over and we walked to "our food truck" which is like 2 blocks from my house. It was first time trying La Fogata and it lived up to the hype. It might be my favorite Mexican food in the area. 
We brought it home and watched the second "Fantastic Beasts" movie. 
And that was Friday. But not to worry, the celebration continued on Saturday. Levent and I headed to Wichita to watch Late Night, Mindy Kaling's new movie and then had supper at Dempsey's Burger pub. Yum. 
 But wait there is more. 

Okay so this wasn't for "my birthday" but it just so happened that my friend Denise and I have season tickets to Music Theatre Wichita this year. The first show of the year was my birthday weekend. So on Sunday afternoon, we went to see The Sound of Music. Oh man. It was amazing. I am pumped for the next show. 

My mental health has not been the best lately. So it was nice to have a weekend that was fun, relaxing, exciting and filled with love all at the same time. 
Flowers from Jill

Here's to 32! Dreams come true. 

Comments