December Holidays: Part 4

 We came home to a cold, snowy Kansas. Back to reality and back to winter.

As per usual, we were home for New Year's Eve. I am not a New Year's Eve fan. There is so much hype and I like going to bed at a decent time. But we did stay up until mid-night after watching a movie. But the best part about this weird holiday is that I decided to make a Yule log cake and it was my favorite thing. The cake was good, but what I truly mean is that I love constructing the thing. It turned out so lovely, I could've cried.
 It combined to different recipes in order to make the kind of tiramisu yule log I wanted to. I used the cake from this King Arthur Flour recipe and the filling from this one.  I am till glowing over this cake. 
I actually think that New Year's Eve gets way too much hype. I love New Year's Day. I love 1) not working (of course), 2) sleeping in and 3) having a completely lazy day in the middle of the weak (or whenever it happens). I made a Turkish breakfast for us (since we were gifted a Turkish tea pot for our wedding and Levent got these Cyprus tea cups from his Aunt who was not wanting them anymore). It was lovely day.
Cheers to 2020 everyone! Thank goodness we do not have to plan a wedding this year.

Comments