Later winter moments


January and February are terrible. You know, generally speaking. I blame winter. It was in the 60s today and my whole outlook on life just shifted.  Hence, my annual (maybe just in theory) post about good things that did actually happen in these months I loath so much. 

Levent and I went to our annual KU game. 

 The Great Winter Warm-Up: This was this a big work thing; so that part wasn't great. But the event went swimmingly and all week leading up to the event, I convinced my colleagues to do comforter dances with me. It was so fun.


Tons of baking. Can't stop won't stop 


"Proper snows" aka snows that actually cover the ground. And since it's Kansas, they don't last more than 48 hours. 
Levent went out to shovel the driveway and ended up building this cute little snow munch
I've been spending a lot of time painting. It's been so fun. Usually this time of year is a really hard time to be creative but I am pushing through it. 

I finally went to Crust and Crumb, the bakery that is near my house. I actually call it the "bake-easy" because, just like a speakeasy, it's not clearly marked and is in alley. You really need to be searching for it to know what it is. They mostly do wholes sell, but on Saturday days you can come to their kitchen and buy all kinds of goodies. And this is 3 blocks from my house. What a time to be a live. 
Valentine's day is a mixed bag. But the nice thing about it is that it gives us an excuse to go out. This was the first year too when we weren't also celebrating our anniversary. (We started dating 7 years ago on Feb 24). Since we are an old married couple now, we went to Lola's bistro because we had a gift card. (That's the old married couple thing). The food was great. I love trying to new places in Wichita). 


 See? Lots of good highlights. But I am glad that winter is on its way out. I am ready for the few weeks of cool, sunny bliss we get before the harsh reality of summer arrives.

Comments