Social distancing, vol 2


Well,  we're still doing this thing. I stopped counting weeks and am now counting months. My work stay at home order started on March 13. So now we uptick the month on the 13th, We're now on month 4. Welcome. It's real boring.

Here are some of the (very few) things that have happened since my April entry. 

We officially adopted Tito:

At the end of April, Tito ended up going back to the shelter because of his terrible UTI. He was at their vet for almost 2 weeks. When he was gone, I realized how much I liked having him around. And how much of a distraction he was from my normal/covid anxiety. When Tito was healthy again, they asked if we wanted to officially adopt him. So we said yes.

Thing have gotten better. Don't get me wrong, he still drives me crazy (he's teething like crazy). But it's been several weeks since he peed in the house. He loves to bark at the cat, but Scout and him can be in the same room sometimes. So that feels like a win.


My garden my flourishing:

My tiny little garden box hasn't produced much but we've gotten a few healthy tomatoes from it. That alone is a win. I have never grown a tomato in Kansas that wasn't completely diseased.

mystery squash: I think it might be a butternut? 

Birthday time:

It was a little depressing not to go on a mini trip for our birthdays, but we got through it.

I made a freezer strawberry cheesecake for Levent's birthday.

I made a chocolate cherry ice cream roll cake for my birthday

And since my birthday was on a Sunday, we made a Turkish breakfast and ate it on the floor. 

Social distancing friendships

I am lucky to have a friend who has a pool at their house in the country. I "swam" there twice so far this summer. It felt like a miracle.
 We had a social distancing evening at Kate's house
Swimming afternoon


Visit from Blake and Wilbur:

The first week of July, the Miller's had their Estate sale in Hutch (despite Covid). Wilbur and Blake came out for it. The highlight was that Blake was my "co-worker" the whole week as we worked in the same space. The actual sale was very stressful, but we all got through it.


Stargazing 

Last Saturday Levent and I went stargazing with his telescope from his high school days. We couldn't see the comet that was passing due to a wall of clouds but it was amazing to do something out of the ordinary in our very monotonous quarantine lives.

 Those are the highlights.

We'll see it if I can manage to blog again before another few months go past. It's just hard to be motivated to do anything. There is a global pandemic going on after all.

Comments