July holiday weekend
I don't like the 4th of July for many reasons, but I do love a long weekend (when the 4th of July falls that way on the calendar). This year, the 4th of July was on a Saturday. So hooray for that!
My brother's family (minus my oldest nephew and niece) were heading to Virginia for the holiday to visit our parents and sister's family and so I decided that Levent and I needed to come too. Afterall, my family is rarely all together. (And technically, we weren't this time either, but it was close).
It was a weekend full of games, good coffee (or matcha), good food (sibling brunch!), a rainy indoor picnic for the 4th (Dad finished grilling in the pouring rain), late night sparklers (that were leftover from Levent and my wedding) and watching world cup matches. We drove down on Thursday and went home on Friday. So it was a short time, but I am glad we spent our holiday weekend this way.












Comments
Post a Comment